Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fixed On God

“My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.”
Ps. 57:7

“…his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.”
Ps. 112:7

Ah, how blessed the one whose heart is fastened to the Lord! How trusting one is whose heart is established on God and his Word. “My heart is fixed…I will sing and give praise.” When we are fixed on Jesus we will encourage ourselves only in the Lord our God and we will never be ashamed. In the darkest circumstances we will see, not the tempest, but the Master; not the fiery furnace, but the Son of God with us; not the thorn, but the sufficiency of God’s grace; not the enemy surrounding, but the fiery chariots guarding; not the cross, but the crown. How bright is the outlook when our heart is fixed, for all we see is Jesus.

When Peter walked in the water, he was initially fixed on the Master of the wind, but he “unfixed” his heart and eyes and thereby his faith. Let us purpose to remain firmly fastened to God, to draw near to him, to put our trust in him, that we may declare all his works. (Ps. 73:28)

~Fixed on God, never to be discouraged~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment. Please forgive the way some of these comments are posted...in moving them from my original blog, I had to copy and paste them to keep them on the posts, so they look like they are from me, while they are not :-). I welcome your comments on my thoughts and poems and thanks again for taking time to read. God bless your day with His presence.

 
Copyright by Leah S. Carpenter 2010 - 2011