Friday, June 25, 2010

Quotes from recent sermons

Here are some quotes I have copied from sermons recently; I hope they are a blessing to you. The first 2 quotes are from Kyle Melton, CA. The rest are from George Riddell, Urbana, OH.
  • "The only alternative to trusting God is to worry"
  • "Resting in the arms of God is better than worrying in the arms of flesh"
  • "If you have doctrine without practical application, you have Corinthians --knowledge that puffs up does no good."
  • "If you are not living for Christ, please do not tell anyone you are a Christian"
  • "We don't need to keep up with the world, we need to keep up with the Word.
  • "Scripture does not have a multitude of meanings, but it does have a multitude of applications.
  • "If we're going to magnify Christ, we'd better get our feelings out of the way and just follow His Word."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for posting those. I just re-read them and some of them were a reminder I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord. I thankful this was a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment. Please forgive the way some of these comments are posted...in moving them from my original blog, I had to copy and paste them to keep them on the posts, so they look like they are from me, while they are not :-). I welcome your comments on my thoughts and poems and thanks again for taking time to read. God bless your day with His presence.

 
Copyright by Leah S. Carpenter 2010 - 2011